Spend your summer holiday in Austria
Austria is a mountain paradise that invites the traveller to waltz around and discover its culture.
It is the country where you can spend an active holiday in the mountains or visit cities filled with cultural events by participating in worldwide famous festivals.
Top destinations for this summer in Austria
- Vienna, Salzburg, Innsbruck, Graz and so many other reasons to enjoy the rich Austrian culture, architecture, traditional food served in taverns and exquisite music. Thus, we invite you to discover what Mozart, Strauss, Brahms, Beethoven and Shubert have in common
- Enjoy a stunning waterfall right in... the middle of the city - Bad Gastein
- Walk safely over the highest suspension bridge in Europe - it is located in Stubnerkogelbahn (Bad Gastein) and it is 140m long
- Enter the wonderful world of the film, following the actors of The Sound of Music by visiting the places where the movie was shot - Salzburg
- Go among the ice giants - The largest ice cave in the world, Eisriesenwelt, can be found near Salzburg.
- Start the adventure on the 750-kilometers Alpia Adria Trail route that runs across Austria, Slovenia and Italy - Grossglockner.
- Go skiing in summer - on the Hintertux Glacier you can ski all year round. There are 86 km of slopes.
- Take a seat on the "Balcony of Stars" (Sternenbalkon) and enjoy the sunset above the Millstatt lake.
- Swim and sunbathe on the shores of the azure blue Wörthersee lake, the favourite recreation place of the nineteenth-century aristocracy.
- Cycle along the Danube River and take part in waltz lessons in Vienna.
Salzburg Festival - a summer full of music
The Salzburg Festival is one of the most important cultural events in Europe since the 20's and it gathers leading artists from around the world. The tickets are sold months before. The festival takes place from the end of July until the end of August and has at its core Mozart's opera. http://www.salzburgfestival.at
It is hard to encompass the entire natural and cultural Austrian beauty in one article, so we encourage you to tell us in comments what you would like to visit or give us recommendations on what you enjoyed the most!
Plan, Plan, Plan
Combining earlier planning and the interaction with locals, we are sure that your holiday in Austria will be wonderful. During the summer, it can be crowded at the main tourist attractions, therefore we advise you to book museums and show tickets in advance, as well as hotel rooms, airport transfer, and your favorite destination transfers
This way you can make your trip a story worth telling about the summer spent in Austria
Start vacation! See you in Vienna!
RELATED ARTICLE> How far is the airport from Vienna city centre?